agie440

ducted aircon return vent grille

agnes
4 years ago

Can you move a ducted aircon return grille to another room? Had it installed in our lounge room ceiling and it looks so big and I’m really
Upset about it. Installer convinced me best place for it but I’m not happy and want it moved to the kitchen. Is that possible?

Comments (3)

• oklouise
    4 years ago

you will need an installer to move it but first consult the manufacturer to make sure that any new location will not compromise the safe functioning of the motor...you should be able to email the company a copy of your house plans and details of your specific Air Con to ask about alternative locations for the grille

• agnes
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you for your comment

• PRO
    Frank Ansell
    4 years ago

The short answer is yes, you can move it. The longer answer is that it depends on how your house is built. Normally we try to put the return grille in a hallway or somewhere out of the way.

I can't really say much without knowing more about the layout of your house and the AC system.

One of the problems with having it in a kitchen is that any odours or smoke/steam from cooking will get sucked into the AC system and then blown into every other room in the house through the AC system. So the kitchen might not be a good choice.

I could give you some more specific suggestions if you're able to upload a floor plan sketch.