scenicbluedesign

Country Gardens

Country gardens:

The sheer description ‘Country Gardens’ conjures up a myriad of ideas BUT even though you may have a large parcel of land don’t be fooled into thinking it’s easy to design your dream garden because it’s so large – quite the opposite.

Let me change the tempo a little to explain my reason for mentioning this.

When we are designing a smaller parcel of land we have to fully respect every design desire or design block with such importance because if you do not, then as the design starts to physically come together you will find that the blocks actually fight against each other for that imaginary supremacy. Now I’m sure you are thinking ‘What is he on about’ and that is totally fine. The easy mistake of not listening / respecting the design blocks will haunt you until you change the already constructed design. Every element has to have its own sense of importance and even more, they have to have a relationship with their immediate neighbouring design block and even a few design blocks that are out of their reach.

Our design ethos has always been to feel the design. Sure, to see it is very important but when you are able to feel the design blocks then you can with confidence bring the right blocks nearer to each other with design confidence.

Ill touch base very quickly on good dress sense. It’s not so much about having elements of your clothes that are of obvious relationship, it is finding the ability to find design clothes that are strong in their own right but when put together really start to sing. That’s enough of my dress sense thoughts and quickly get you back to the landscape design blocks.

OK, so when we go back to designing large parcels of land and my comment of thinking the design blocks are so far apart from each other the aesthetics are not as important. RUBBISH. It’s even more important, as if you get it wrong then that design block that is not in parity with the surrounding blocks will seem like a solitary pimple.

So, when you start to consider your design for your country garden parcel, make sure you pair all the elements of the design and give them the respect they deserve. It’s so easy to adjust a drawing and not so easy when you are dealing with physical aspects.

Really feel the emotion of each design block and if you can do this then your country garden parcel will be one that you find exudes a carpet of contentment and flow wherever you may be within its folds. Such emotion may carry meditation, sitting down, a crafty snooze or a good old muck about with the family’s younger members.

Respect your design blocks to make sure they are placed in harmony with each other and at the end of the day the area you have created is for giving you peace, rest and contemplation along with a positive asset increase.

Comment