caroline_brown100

Rollar Blind Configuration on Doors/Windows

Caroline
4 years ago

Recommendations on two sets of rollarblinds configurations:

1. A 3 stacker sliding door in the ground floor living room which leads into a courtyard and has an opening window on the fixed panel.

2. A door which leads out onto a balcony from the master bedroom upstairs on the first floor. There is also a fixed window next to the opening door.

Although I am not a fan of multiple blinds and like a relatively seamless look, I want to make the blind configuration look good whilst still being practical with the doors and windows.

Advice, recommendations, pros and cons and pictures of what you have used/suggest would be much appreciated.

Comments (11)

• me me
    4 years ago

How often will the doors be used? Do you need privacy from the street or neighbours? Blinds can be annoying if you have to put them up or down each time you use the door. Thay are fine if they can be left up all day and put down at night.

• dreamer
    4 years ago

Agree with me me. The stacking door, if used all the time, would be annoying with roller blinds. I always keep in mind. 'Vertical opening, vertical window treatments'. You might find, the blinds, will stay up all the time and never get lowered.
    In both instances I would look at installing curtains.
    The curtains can be pulled back to the fixed panel, in both instances. If you have room, extend the track so the curtains get pulled back onto wall, therefore leaving the full glass uncovered, when desired.

• dreamer
    4 years ago

You could also use wide vertical blinds.

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

Motorised roller blinds will make life easy, our new neighbours have just recently finished a large renovation extension and have used this on all of their doors and windows, It looks amazing we can see them going up and down to suit different times of day and needs it as they are across from us. KISS

• me me
    4 years ago

Dreamers 2nd picture is what I have on my sliding door. Can be open and closed quickly and provides privacy from the street. I am on a corner.

• rocksfam
    4 years ago

I've got a similar setup as Picture 2 and have procrastinated for 4 years about how to treat the door/window. Blinds are tricky as they need to be mounted at different heights (assuming you have one attached to the door) which will look odd. My only option appears to be a free curtain that can be swept to either side, depending on whether we are using the door or want the views out the window. I regret installing this configuration though and wish I had thought more deeply about it when we were building.

• dreamer
    4 years ago

Panel blinds work well for sliding or opening doors. Same as vertical but wider and look good.

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

If you do use these wide panels they need to be treated as curtains that can be drawn back to the side exposing the whole window opening

• HU-319610855
    3 years ago

Agree w dafmaria and siriuskey - all vertical blinds are hideous things to be torn down on settlement day! Wider panels only ok if you can pull them clear of the window, then better off w curtains anyway

• Kevin Anders
    3 years ago

Use shutters instead, design them online on a site like qualityblinds.com.au and you'll be good to go!!