craig_orr56

How long does it usually take to erect a Totalspan steel garage???

Craig Orr
4 years ago

I'm new to any sort of building project, but I'm curious as to how long one would normally expect to wait for a supposedly well respected steel garage franchise dealer to erect a fairly standard 12x12m garage?

My contract was signed December last year and mostly paid for up front. I feel I have been patient in accepting that nothing of a physical nature was going to appear over last summer taking into account council permits had to be obtained and some earth works needed to be completed (Totalspan have been tasked with handling the entire project using their supplied sub-contractors etc) then I accepted that over the winter months weather caused further delays in getting site works done etc, and finally a couple of weeks ago the concrete slab was poured.

But now all has gone quiet again and I'm not getting any communication back from Totalspan. Some metal framing appeared right after the concrete went down and nothing since. I'm finding the whole experience really frustrating and disheartening to say the least! I'm left wondering if I'll be waiting yet another year before anything further happens...if at all!! Note I was originally given a time frame of around 3 months to completion....

Just wondering if my scenario is unique or if this is in fact the norm in the industry??

Comment