hawkeyreno

Modern Farmhouse Exterior

hawkeyreno
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello!We are about to break ground on our (forever coming) reno! I'm quite clear in my vision for the house, but unsure that all of my decisions are the right ones.Here is some background on our reno-Country area in outskirts of SydneyOriginally 70s red brickHomes in the area older, cottagey, being updated, a few in the 'hamptons' style... (totally hate that term- anyone else annoyed by it?)My vision for this house is a play on the modern farmhouse style... we lived in Tx for a few years and Ioved the the homes built in this style.White clad, black windows with colonial bars, black trims, a southern cross style balustrade across the verandah, gooseneck barn lights, maybe a cute red or duck egg blue door- get the vision?So here lies the dilemma...I've selected Scyon Axon vertical clad in 400mm... for what I think will be the entirety of the whole house... builder Dad (also hero Dad) seems to think it's a bad choice, he likes horizontal clad, or if we must have vertical clad, it needs to have some horizontal clad features elsewhere. I know that some of these houses do mix the clads, but i like the horizontal... I'm pretty secure with my vision, but i value his eye and experience...I told him the best way to settle this is to let the good people of houzz have their say! Do you think it needs the mix?HahaTiA

Comments (8)