nkyloh

Why do renovations take so much longer than promised?

nkyloh
4 years ago

I for one am happy to see the Christmas and New Years holidays come to a close. And anyone who has a renovation that dragged on into December will not need to ask why. We were quite surprised to find every tradesperson, architect and supplier associated with our renovation down tools, pull in their shingle, and lock their doors on 20 December -- and they have not been seen since. I do not begrudge them time for celebration and relaxation...but did they have to leave us with no proper blinds (we are a west facing Sydney property), no air conditioning, and no grout in our one partially-finished bathroom? The original completion date promised for this renovation was the end of October -- over 2 months ago. Perhaps we are feeling this lengthy delay acutely today as the termperatues soar to the high 30s and we shelter in the one completed bedroom with a ceiling fan. So my question is: Does anyone have advice as to how we can cajole, encourage or otherwise inspire our renovations team to get this job done? Many thanks!

Comments (11)