amynewberry

Help with colour scheme in bathroom please

amynewberry
5 months ago

Hi I have Oslo Charcoal Tile on the floor (900x900) and was going to do 3 walls white tiles (300 x 600) with a feature wall of a different tile.

What colour tile and design would you use as the feature wall?

I was also thinking of timber look vanity with white stone top and white basin and chrome fixtures.

Any help would be great, TIA

• Kate
    5 months ago

My new bathroom. Above window and the opposite wall where do is are painted lexicon, to the right are white opaque glass sliding doors hiding laundry.

amynewberry thanked Kate
    Best Answer
  • Shine Lunardi
    5 months ago

Hi, I am having the same problem here. dark tiles for the floor and three walls with white tiles. I love the marble mosaic, tongue and groove wall panels or infinity tiles. I found very hard to make a decision.

• amynewberry
    Original Author
    5 months ago

We're in the exact same boat! hopefully we can get closer to making a decision with other peoples feedback and what they have done :)

• Shine Lunardi
    5 months ago

good luck;)

• bigreader
    5 months ago

Which wall are you doing to make a feature?

• amynewberry
    Original Author
    5 months ago

due to the layout of the room, i was going tp do the feature wall on the opposite side from where you walk through the door, so in one bathroom it has a shower/bath/window on the one wall.
    the other bathroom has a s shower/vanity on the side with the feature wall

• Creativelychallenged
    5 months ago

It depends on what colours you are brave enough to use. The tile colour you have chosen will match with a lot of colours. There are so mosaics in white too if you don’t want colour. Beaumont’s tiles have 27% off all tiles at moment. I noticed that they have a smaller subway in Carrara look but would probably enable you to use cool and warm accessories in bathroom.

amynewberry thanked Creativelychallenged
  • PRO
    Lauren Shiels Interior Design
    5 months ago

Hi there, if you really want to make a feature, have you considered wallpaper? A high quality wallpaper is absolutely fine in the bathroom as long as it has ventilation and is not in the shower!

There is a huge selection out there but if you stick with a monochrome colour palette you are pretty safe!

amynewberry thanked Lauren Shiels Interior Design
  • Tessa
    5 months ago

Kate - would you mind sharing what vanity you have used? It is beautiful.

Good luck with the tile decisions everyone, I am also struggling!