narelle_norton

Creative ideas for a hole left by Old wall air conditioning unit ?

Narelle Norton
4 years ago

I am removing an old wall air conditioning unit and have been looking for ideas on the internet. Doesn't seem to be many, if any. The wall is brick veneer. I would love some help creative ideas on what I could do with it since I really don't want to waste the opportunity to do something different. instead of just bricking and plastering.

Comments (6)

• julie herbert
    4 years ago

A plant shelf would look gorgeous, add glass, frame the hole add one or two shelves depending on the size of the hole, the shelves , these could be glass or timber, pretty pots and lush plants , could look gorgeous and add a serene look for your room.

Narelle Norton thanked julie herbert
  • User
    4 years ago

You'd be way , way better to put up a couple of pictures , and whether you are wanting to 'hide' the interior view or exterior . Most people would need to know the style and colours of your place -- as dreamer and julie say , you can use leadlights , shelves , plants , art , wood , maybe something like a porthole or a fake wall or a waterfall or a big slab of concrete painted pink may suit ?

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    4 years ago

I'd just brick and plaster it unless it can be made into a door or window, etc.

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

I agree with MB design, either it will cost approx the same, a photo of how it is situated in the room would help

• PRO
    Storewall Australia
    4 years ago

Yeh I think brick and plaster it.