doone_hodgins

Caesarstone and Wattyl white

Doone Hodgins
4 years ago

Looking for some feedback on using a Wattyl white colour called “ calcium” on my cabinets . This is the one that Caesarstone recommend to go with the stone “ Empira white”..
to me it throws pink .. looking for any feedback on this colour please.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Sarah Somebody Studio
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Hi Doone,

I've just checked the colours for you as I have real life samples of both in my office.

In comparison to other whites that have a more obvious pink undertone, I think that the 'calcium' colour is more of a ashy grey undertone and works really well with the 'empira white'.

Were you able to get any samples from wattyl and caesarstone? As that would be the best way to check to give you some peace of mind.

You may also want to try other colours from Wattyl such as:

- Moody White

- Flurry

- Freesia

If by chance you don't have access to samples, you can always head to bunnings to check out paint colour options there. You can also head into a caesarstone store to get a stone sample for free as well.

I've just added an image here for your reference.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Doone Hodgins
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi Sarah , thanks for the info . I have samples of both the stone and calcium paint . I have now done test patches on my wall which look very different to the sample card .
    Is the idea that the paint colour matches the white in the stone ?
    By the way , this colour is for the 2 pac cabinets .. so hoping the colour tone doesn’t change at all fir this . Doone

• PRO
    Sarah Somebody Studio
    4 years ago

Hi Doone,

Yes, test patches will be different to the sample card as it is real paint and reacts to the environment in terms of light from sun and light bulbs differently.

The idea is that the paint colour matches the stone.

However, please keep in mind that the paint finish will be different again compared to the 2-pac. The 2-pac will be more of a satin finish (smooth like) and comparable to the sample rather than the brush out paint.

Cheers,

Sarah

• Susan Cairns
    3 years ago

Hi, I bought my apartment 10 years ago (new) and can't find the exact white from Wattyl. I forgot the name but think it's something like White Sky or Winter Sky. Can you help me with this? Is it possible to get a sample to paint on the wall?

• PRO
    Sarah Somebody Studio
    3 years ago

Hi Susan,

You can get samples from Bunnings or your local Wattyl Paint Centre. Give them a call before you go and they will be able to let you know if they have samples available.

It is possible to get a sample to paint on the wall but you'll most likely have to pay for it. So give them a call and they'll be able to advise the price as well.