rachaelcmartin70

Mirror splash back

rachaelcmartin70
5 months ago
last modified: 5 months ago

Hi all

I am planning a kitchen with dark navy cabinets and white uppers. I was thinking of having mirror splash back to help reflect light.

I have been told they don’t make 3m mirror splashbacks in Melbourne, so I will need to have a join. I am worried this might ruin the look and thinking I should choose a different splash back. Does anyone have a mirror splash back where they have a join? Are you happy with it ? Should I choose something else.

Thanks

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    5 months ago

One option may be to change the splashback adjacent to the cooktop to another material. The "joint" is actually a 600mm (or 900mm depending on the size of your cooktop) in a contrasting material, maybe tiles, or stainless steel, with two, shorter mirrored splashbacks, one on either side. Cheaper, easier to install, and easier to keep clean where your cooking is the messiest.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

Hi Rachael, you may like to check your size restrictions. Try MirraGLO™ Mirror Glass Splashbacks out at Geelong (03) 52 22 46 40 .