andre_06

SAN SELMO OPAQUE SLATE EXTERIOR BRICK DOWNSTAIRS

Andre Sfet
4 years ago

Hi Guys,

Im building a double story home using the Austral San selmo opaque slate bricks down stairs. Was wondering what type of grey i could use to render the second story that would match with my bricks?

The middle section of the home upstairs will be timber cladding running vertically, while the remainder of the home will be render finish. I am looking for a nice grey colour to render the remainder of upstairs

I have attached a photo of front fasade.

Comments (6)

• Andre Sfet
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The upstairs section will be polystyrene and then rendered over the top. Would these colours look good rendered on that material?

• Andre Sfet
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Also, does the grey pail look like blue in the sun?

I just saw the colour silkwort, do you think that would look good with these bricks?

• PRO
    Neon Interior Design
    4 years ago

Hi Andre,
    Yes, I was going to also suggest Silkwort as a light grey. I did go for the cooler grey (can have a bluish tinge) because your bricks have that tone. If you select a warm grey, the colours will clash.

• Andre Sfet
    Original Author
    4 years ago

i decided to go for Milton mood upstairs on the render and use night sky garage door due to costs. The timber door looks awesome but ppl were quoting me 3-5000$

• Rachel Mills
    3 years ago

Hi, did you happen to have a photo of your finished facade? I’m looking at using the opaque slate for a blade wall on my property with a rendered section over top of the section and using spotted gum on the other side of the blade wall.
    Trying to pictures the products/colours/textures together.