oklouise

Our beloved fur babies at home

oklouise
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

The lovely photo of Indi has prompted me to add my first post so we can share photos of our loyal assistants... my Jackie will wait all day to greet me with "so glad to see you" and never a complaint of "why did you leave me alone for so long?"..in stressful times our pets are a great comfort and willingly share all our ups and downs

Comments (29)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    4 years ago

This is Sally, the retired racing greyhound from GAP in Seymour. She is my studio dog, and loves nothing more than to be asleep on the floor in the Secret Design Studio when I am working. Bit of a trip hazard so may need to check the OHS requirements for 30kg sleeping dogs.

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• oklouise
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Sally is so well colour coordinated to that stylish rug and i'm sure that OH&S would approve of the improved blood pressure from having such a lovely companion

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

Both just perfect and

Jackie O my goodness

• Kate
    4 years ago

My babies. Gnasher and Jed

• Michelle Chalker
    4 years ago

The beautiful design blog Desire to Inspire has a posting each monday called "pets on furniture". I love it - it's worth a look!

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

I won a design prize for this room unfortunately it's not my dog

art · More Info

• Kate
    4 years ago

Great work Siriuskey

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

Thank you It's a shame that Houzz stopped the competitions

• PRO
    Serene
    4 years ago

Awesome! Siriuskey

• bigreader
    4 years ago

One four legged and one two legged baby.

• Sophie C.
    4 years ago

My Jack Russell Harry, very similar to yours @okloiuse 🙂

• oklouise
    Original Author
    4 years ago

he has the same fluffy feet and soulful eyes, such lovely little dogs

• Z S
    4 years ago

Zara here knows to stay out of the way when floors are being sanded, but still has to watch every proceeding.

• julie herbert
    4 years ago

This is our lovely’Minnie’ we adopted her when she was 10 , she has bought such happiness to our home, we love her dearly and she gives us such love in return.

• Anne Monsour
    4 years ago

This is Polo whom my grandson and I inherited from my daughter . She loves to sleep on my bed , company and jumping onto visitors’ laps . The expression on their faces is very funny .

• Bene Holle
    4 years ago

This is Richie my very loyal shadow. Always great company and entertainment. Ready to accompany me anywhere at any time. Stink eye when I go to work and exuberant greetings every time I return from even the shortest of outings.

• oklouise
    Original Author
    4 years ago

what a cutie and we've managed to overcome the separation affect by always offering a juicy bone as we leave so Jackie knows what to expect and doesn't stress so much

• Marijke Bosloper
    4 years ago

Sparkey 16 years and still beautiful

• Jane
    4 years ago

This is our Winnie, who gets to hang out with us all day working from home. The best little alarm clock, foot warmer and snuggle buddy.

• Jilly Possum
    4 years ago

Dr Retro House Calls - As a home-based business operator, I am very conscientious about OH&S. I have a section on OH&S in my business plan that details how to safely negotiate the combination of cats, stairs and business operators. To be specific, cats have right of way.

• Cynthia House
    4 years ago

Monty our Maine Coon keeping a wary eye on the vinyl floor installer.

• PRO
    House of Dawes
    4 years ago

My vicious office guard dogs ! Pfffft!!

• Littlethommo
    4 years ago

This is Roy, he is my constant companion and the words personal space or privacy do not exist with him but I wouldnt have it any other way. His favourite room in the whole house is....the kitchen obviously, he's a pug!

• PRO
    Kitchen and Home Sketch Designs
    4 years ago

Tambo unfortunately decided to sleep under the car wheel...so so sad. But he would often be found right where my pencil was.....grr. I still miss the generous fluffy long and exquisitely positioned swipe of the tail thru dinner, wine glass etc. 18 years is a great age for Peninsula Animal Aid special but not as good as Fang aka Black the Furry at 19!

Hard to live without!!

Margot

• PRO
    Kitchen and Home Sketch Designs
    4 years ago

That is Sir David Attenborough on the Great Barrier Reef: These two, also Peninsula Animal Aid specials love him! Also very often to be found on my drawing board, tail especially handy for duster! Cheeky naughty girls but so lovable!!

• cfmzhouse
    4 years ago

Lovely seeing everyone’s furry companions! This is my boy, resident excavator and unmaker of gardens, but I love him to bits.

• Lyn Huppatz
    4 years ago

My beautiful, crazy MC who passed away at the age of 21 years. A long innings for a cat. Miss her still.

• oklouise
    Original Author
    4 years ago

that's the hardest part of pet ownership, they become such a vital part of our lives and make such a big gap when they go..21 years is very impressive she obviously didn't want to leave you