sarahmwasyluk

dulux exterior grey.. steel copy or diffused grey?

Sarah P
4 years ago

Has anyone used either of these colours on the exterior of a house? Do you find they throw any colours other than just being a nice grey? Thanks!

Comments (7)

• Kate
    4 years ago

Oh thank god

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    4 years ago

I agree 100% with Dr.

Grey as a trend is declining (finally) with the prediction of brighter colours being noted early last year.

• Sarah P
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for the replies, however I have this week to choose a colour and was asking about these specifically. And I “currently” like grey. And my facade is designed with a certain colour palette in mind. don’t think it would be wise to choose a completely different bold, bright colour that I’m not particularly drawn to, for the sake of future trends 🤷🏻‍♀️ paint can be changed, so when I’m drawn to another colour I can change it. However I need to decide between these two right now 🙂

• Kate
    4 years ago

Haven’t used them, but diffused look a bit washed out, less impact.

• Kate
    4 years ago

What r u contrasting it with, is the grey the standout, if that’s the case I’d go steel copy, unless you are going beachy/soft colours

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    4 years ago

Sarah, it is really impossible to make any suggestion without knowing about your house. A photo would help. Is there brickwork? Is it a new house? Which way does it face? What parts are you painting? Where is it? Without this information, nobody can suggest a meaningful answer. Why don't you buy some sample pots as I suggested and post photos of the sample paint on your house? Or engage a design professional who can organise some large samples to be posted to you?

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls