webuser_163374878

VR Virtual Reality when planning a renovation

Em
2 months ago

Has anyone had any experience using VR when planning a renovation? And I do mean proper VR, where you wear a head set and see the (virtual) walls, as opposed to 3D modeling. Was it very expensive, or difficult to organise? I'm based in Sydney, any recommendations?

thanks heaps

• oklouise
    2 months ago

it's great fun but you always have to start with a viable floorplan as you can only walk through a space that already exists in 2D...luckily for me one of my sons is a professional designer and has allowed me to test plans with his expensive time and equipment but, for those of us lucky enough to be able to visualize a space, it's an expensive extra that doesn't help with the actual decisions about precise dimensions but i imagine there are Architects and designers who offer the service to their customers

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    2 months ago

My daughters partner does VR for architects and developers so people can do walk throughs on new apartments, etc. Personally its more of a sales thing that a design tool.

The company he works for is 'Inspace VR' which is based in Sydney.

• Em
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Thanks heaps for your replies