michelle_ayling53

Wall void turned into a linen cupboard

Michelle Ayling
3 years ago

I've just bought my first home and I love it, however there is one weird empty space in the wall. Storage is quite limited in the apartment so this would be great if it could be a linen closet. The dimensions are 60x60x230. I've contacted a few joinery companies but they seem to be too big for a small job as they do full scale kitchens etc. Who would be best to complete this job? Any tips etc

Comments (3)

• dreamer
    3 years ago

Hi Michelle, my suggestion is, maybe purchase a free standing cabinet. The space you are wanting to fill is a good size for standard cabinets. Bunnings kaboodle range with cabinet and door, or IKEA cabinets are just a couple of places you could look at. I'm sure there are other companies as well, that stock standard cupboards for this space. Maybe also google "pantry cupboards"

• Austere Hamlet
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

You can get a chippy in to enclose this with a door. It will look better than jamming a cabinet into it. Not a lot to the job, will be done in a few hours. If you put a cabinet in there you'll lose the power points. Much better to just put a door on it and continue to use the space as you are. They can install a couple of high shelves and leave the area around the power points clear for your vacuum and power point access.

• Kate
    3 years ago

Try a local handyman to fit some shelves and a door.