webuser_539634120

Fisher & Paykel or Bosch

Belinda
3 years ago

Struggling to decide between a Fisher & Paykel or Bosch stovetop and seperate oven.

Comments (2)

• bigreader
    3 years ago

I have a 14yo F&P cooktop. The F&P oven only lasted eight years. The rangehood is 14 also. But I don’t think they are made in NZ anymore.

• fitzroygirl
    3 years ago

Bosch. Made by Siemens who also make Neff. The Bosch oven is efficient, tough and hard working. Basically, ovens haven’t really changed much over the last 50 years so go for experience rather than hype. Sure there are cleaning functions, and programmable types etc but the bottom line is the temperatures. Older ovens can output more heat and can also go way down low. A knob is a wonderful thing. I don’t mean to belittle the engineers and programmers who have worked to make the oven a simple stupid contraption but it already was!
    Bosch has been around for ever overseas and is German quality without the price tag. Keep it simple with nobs rather than touch, and handles to pull open the oven door rather than buttons and flush handles.
    Older models that have good ratings are safer than new models with touch screens that accidentally turn off whilst you’re baking..argh.
    Also if the oven is placed below the bench make sure you don’t change your settings by knocking it with your leg.
    I have a top of the range Neff. It is a great oven, touch screen etc. but if you lean against it as I do when you are cooking on the stove top it can be turned off. Yeah there’s a child lock but I can’t be bothered. It’s not a simple process.
    Ok there’s my 2c worth. Be practical and stay within budget.