perthaussie

Relocating washing machine taps

perthaussie
3 years ago

What can I expect to pay a plumber to hide the taps and swap my washing machine and sink positions? Is it worth it? They are next to each other and still will be but I think it will work better if they are flipped.

Comments (4)

• oklouise
    3 years ago

you'll also need to add on the cost of a new counter and/or whole new cabinet and counter and to replace the damaged tiles when you move the taps and it would also be good to hang the dryer directly off the wall and maybe add some wall cabinet or shelves for all the cleaning products and maybe the power point should be moved and are there tiles under the old cabinet? but, assuming no unexpected problems and you have the old cabinet rebuilt or a new cabinet built with the new counter and to allow for extending the sink drainage sideways and ready to reinstall it would hopefully be under $750 for the plumber plus new taps and fittings (although you should be able to reuse the old sink and taps) cabinetmaker, tiler and electrician ..but with careful planning the plumber might be able to do all their work on the same day but all depends on condition of the existing cabinet and how long it takes to have the new cabinet ready and precise location of the existing plumbing...only way to know for sure is to arrange for some quotes but you need more than just a plumber so maybe it would be worthwhile to contact a bathroom company that can organised all the different trades and coordinate everyone to do their part in the right order

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    3 years ago

You will need more than a plumber to do all that. The plumbers costs will depend if you are re-using the existing fittings, or getting new, as well as the type of wall. Is it brick or plasterboard? Your plumber will also need to relocate the sink waste, sois it going into a slab, or timber sub floor? Your plumber won't repair the damaged plasterboard, move the cabinetwork, or retile, so by the time you get the other trades out for such a small job it will cost you a lot for a small improvement.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro of Dr Retro House Calls/Dr Retro Virtual Visits.

• Kate
    3 years ago

I would think existing is better noting washer opens away from sink. I would stack dryer on washer and put empty baskets on top of dryer. Then add a small cabinet or shelf above sink for detergents

• dreamer
    3 years ago

I would keep layout the same. To have the washing and dryer in the middle of the space would be "unusual ".
    Invest in new lower cabinetry. Maybe install overhead cupboards, because it appears you have no where to put your laundry product, then baskets can go on top of washing machine, to give you some clear bench space.