leo_tao60

Costing for extension in Sydney Aus

Leo Tao
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I need a bit of help getting a cost estimate for an owner builder extension in Sydney Australia (with the help of a project manager). My extension consists of joining the existing concrete slab with a new one for the extended area, changing the floor for the entire house to new floorboards, an outdoor space also to be concrete. New bedroom, ensuite and 1 sided walk in wardrobe, study, kitchen, dining area and tv area. Old part of the house would also need to be painted with 2 existing bathroom updated.

Comments (4)

• Kate
    3 years ago

You need to engage a quantity surveyor

• PRO
    Paul Di Stefano Design
    3 years ago

as a rough guide think ballpark $450-500K depending upon various decisions and selections

I did a recent feasibility on a similar scenario and a builder confirmed this was accurate, and that was conservative. If you are integrating any services (eg hydronic heating) or have any feature elements this will need to be accounted for. If you want super accurate costings as Kate said you'll need to get this quantified professionally, which typically requires some degree of professionally detailed documentation as opposed to basic plans

• PRO
    3DA Design Drafting and 3D Visuals
    3 years ago

I just did exactly the same scope, excluding changing the whole floorboard, and it lands at 450k. Mind you that I am doing it as owner builder and most of the tradies are my clients. We got really discounted mates rates of everything. For anyone not in the industry, expect around 480-500k for a medium-high quality finish.

Leo Tao thanked 3DA Design Drafting and 3D Visuals
  • PRO
    Paul Di Stefano Design
    3 years ago

Yep