6iggy

what is the best colour to compliment Dulux Higs Bristle Full Strength

6iggy
3 years ago

we have Dulux Hog Bristle Full strength colour walls.

we have timber floor and currently have timber skirtings and doors etc.

we want to paint the doors and skirtings. we are not sure what colour to go with.

wanting something that will brighten and freshen the house up. something that gives you a white look..without been stark white...white but still has a cream tinge so it matches with the error of the house

choice is Antique White USA

White Verdict Half

Natural White

Hog Bristle Quarter

we have bought paint samples and painted bits of board..have tried them around the house...but still cant make up our mind.

appreciate some opinions :)

Comments (4)

• bigreader
    3 years ago

Natural white would work well with Hogs Bristle.

• User
    3 years ago

Without seeing the existing woodwork ( doors and skirting ) , I'd actually be tempted to redo that in a nice warm midbrown with a reddish tinge . Hogs Bristle is a pretty 'meh' sandy colour , and I assume colours like that are made so that something else becomes the highlight -- whether it be the wood features , the furniture , the artwork , or any other feature .

To add white or off-white just doubles down the bland factor -- depending on the era of your house , if I had to go with Bristle I'd probably go with an Antique Red , or Ironstone , or similar ( even a Charcoal shade ) to add some colour without scaring anyone .

• 6iggy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

thanks...but we are not going with any other colour except neutral that is white / off white.

our house has plenty of features and our furniture is nothing standard :)...

the timber look is to "old style" for us and we want to modern the house up but still keep it looking right :)

thankyou for your input anyway :):)

• Kate
    3 years ago

Stowe white was the old go to.