flawless7

Help on converting 2 bedrooms into 1 master bedroom with nice ensuite

flawless7
3 years ago

Hope you can help me out as I feel a bit stuck on this project.

- I have 2 bedrooms next to each other, one has an ensuite. In Bedroom 3 with ensuite, one side of the bed is very close to the wall which is a bit annoying but you live with it. The kind of always walking sideways to get into bed lol

- The ensuite was the original laundry which I converted into a European laundry & ensuite. Now I really want it converted back into the laundry as I do need a bigger laundry and more storage.

- I am thinking of converting both rooms into one master bedroom with a bigger ensuite so I can have double vanity unit and back to the original laundry space. I have been playing with the layout but I am stuck. The window placement is affecting how big the ensuite can be, otherwise I have to move the window. I really want something that flows beautifully.

- I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on this project but at the same time, I do want it to look like a little retreat when I come into my bedroom at night. No major structural changes but an opening into the 2 walls. It's a Victorian home, so high ceilings.

- It won't affect the value of the house greatly as it will still be a 3 BR house when the 2 Brs are converted into one. The formal dining will become a Bedroom.

Comments (5)