jessica_mc98

Will white plantation shutters clash with primrose aluminium frame?

Jessica Mc
3 years ago

We are in the process of painting all internal rooms of our house white. The wooden skirting, door frames and window frames will also be painted white.

Our windows all have aluminium frames in “primrose” / yellowy cream.

We have old fashioned wood blinds but hoping to eventually replace them with white plantation shutters. My question is whether the primrose aluminium colour will clash with the white plantation shutters? We are not very keen to paint over the aluminium as there is too much of it at this stage.

Comments (6)

• Jessica Mc
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you, I didn’t even think about that! Will need to do some further investigation / imagining from the outside

• rocksfam
    3 years ago

Hi there, we have the primrose frames as well. Our shutters are in an off white called "Alabaster" as the stark white looked terrible from the outside - makes the primrose look really yellow. The alabaster looks white on the inside but it is a warm white, not a stark white.

• User
    3 years ago

Each to their own , but I would have kept the window sills/frames , and the skirtings , in the nice timber . I would have also doubled down , and kept the wooden venetians too . Yes , they are all older style , and so are the cream windows .

BUT crisp white walls and ceilings would modernise the look , the wood adds warmth , and then bring in colours via your furniture , accessories , art , rugs , etc .

Just my opinion .

• Jessica Mc
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes I should have added that our primary motivation for painting is that we are getting laminate flooring installed and did want the frames to clashing. Hoping to modernise so hoping this will do the trick!

• User
    3 years ago

Assuming the laminate is lighter in colour , I don't think it would matter . Actually , even a darker or a redder timber laminate shouldn't 'clash' , but actually complement . Unless it was that cheap plasticy looking stuff , but then you will get what you deserve !

Imagine if the floor was dark or white tiles , wooden windows would look great . Same with most colour carpet . And even most modern patterns of lino , so timber laminate would be the same IMO , especially with clean white walls .