webuser_239247437

kitchen, dining and living renovation

Rosina Stensness
3 years ago

Hello Houzzer brains trust!
We are wanting to update and renovate our kitchen, dining, living area to make it more open plan. We are thinking of pushing the kitchen down more and create a butlers pantry where the existing dining room is. We will remove the glass sliding door and turn into a servery window to the outdoor entertainment area. We are thinking open shelving in the pantry, with bench space with under bench pull outs for food, sink on back wall and fridge in there too. We would also like a space for appliances such as toaster, kettle, blender etc.
We would like to add in an island bench and would prefer to leave sink and dishwasher where they are to save costs, but am open to suggestions.
We would like to keep the entry to study and master with small hallway for separation of areas.
We are thinking the dining table will then go where the living is, and we open up between the existing living and formal lounge to create the living area.
The existing walls are all stud walls so no problem there, but I still want to create an entry as I don’t like entering the house straight into a room. The existing front door will be replaced with a wider door as currently there is a door and side panel.
With the walls removed I am left with the problem of no wall space for furniture placement. I am struggling with how to divide entry from living area and how to utilise kitchen and pantry space for maximum flow and practicality.
I am wanting to go the Hampton style look as the house is colonial style. Would love your thoughts and ideas.

Comments (18)