webuser_736435445

Any advice on renovationg this 1980's bathroom

HU-736435445
3 years ago

I am replacing the bath and vanity , what can I do to make that wall look great? Should I keep the floor tiles, i like them but dont know how to match them maybe they just wont work with an upgrade, any ides on tile colors sizes thanks

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Bonnie Mills Architecture and Interiors
    3 years ago

Tiles are such a personal choice! Bathrooms are small spaces and no need to limit yourself in terms of creativity. If you want resale value however, white and bright is great. But if its personality you're going for, get creative! If you need guidance on renovating your bathroom, check out our free bathroom design guide: https://www.bmai.com.au/bathroomguide101 :) Our website is also full of great resources: www.bmai.com.au

Hope it helps.

• me me
    3 years ago

I think that if you remove the bath and replace, then the waterproofing might be compromised.

• Kate
    3 years ago

Need to check for asbestos too. Likely in the tile underlay and behind bath. I’d gut the whole thing and re waterproof. Bathrooms can be a can of worms. Can you make window bigger? A timber ledge along wall could help or as I do I have 2 double towel rails behind my family bath. This adds colour and detail and could balance the small window.