houzzau

Homeowners! Did you work on or complete a reno during lockdown?

HouzzAU
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

We want to hear from you!

Please comment below if you worked on a renovation or completed one during lockdown.

Comments (17)

• oklouise
    2 months ago

always working on something and need to keep our loyal tradies working so with appropriate social distancing we've been working on minor repairs and landscaping at home and did some grading and installed air sourced water heater, water tanks and a big new dam for our bush shack to complete the final Basix requirements to receive our occupation certificate .. we now have a comfy retreat to escape to during lock down while we work on the next wish list

• PRO
    Hezzelic Homes
    2 months ago

We kept working on a little project at home. Getting closer but still a work in progress. This extension for the little people!

• PRO
    Hezzelic Homes
    2 months ago

Photos re. Above 😂😂

• Kimley Vacher-Dring
    2 months ago

I have been more busy than usual with work and juggling some of the home schooling and now school holidays. But husband and I managed to tick some necessary items of the home improvement to do list. I also made time to review several design/building renovation books to plan and understand the bigger renovations for the future.

Some waterproofing work in our old basement/garage area done. Replaced some plaster board that had been damaged by the previous water issues. Have done some prep work to paint the repaired wall, and hope to have that finished by the end of the week.

Researched flooring options for garage/basement area and identified some Norsk PVC floor tiles that should make the area much nicer underfoot and more usable as combined garage and exercise space. Should be ordering them soon. Unfortunately the only stockist I could find was on the other side of the country, so a little concerned about potential cost of shipping!

Rethought layout of some of the rumpus/office area downstairs and think we will improve the use of the space. Chose some new desks but currently out of stock at IKEA, so have to wait for them. Ordered some new chairs to replace the ones that were getting wobbly and literally falling apart.

And I am glad that we are continuing a long-term and gradual de-cluttering process. Part of the goal to have less to store and improve storage for what we do keep to free up and make better use of the space we currently have.

Looks chaotic at the moment, so no pretty photos. But reminding myself that we are making progress.

• Shaun Parsons
    2 months ago

Sure did! We started our major renovation in January. And it went right through the COVID period. It’s just been completed as we’ve come out of lockdown.

• PRO
    Provoke Design
    2 months ago

We project managed a full home renovation from the 15th March till 6th of June. This included 2 bathrooms, laundry, kitchen, new floors, curtains and fresh paint.

• PRO
    Hezzelic Homes
    2 months ago

@Provoke Design Nice work !

• PRO
    Provoke Design
    2 months ago

Thank you

• Katie Stait
    2 months ago

Currently in the process of extension of 3 to 5 bedroom open plan living. We are very excited to see the draft plans!

• PRO
    Provoke Design
    2 months ago

Sounds very exciting Katie!

• PRO
    Raini Peters - Interior Design & Styling
    2 months ago

I am currently working on a renovation of a 80 m2 bespoke eco conscious furniture brand store in Hamburg 100% E deign. I will be sure to keep you updated when the store opens second week of September this year. I have also been busying working on a number of other clients apartments doing conceptional renovation plans also 100% E deign. A service I have offered to my international clients for years and continuously offer throughout these lockdown times.

• Suneiah
    2 months ago

We’ve had our exterior painted. Plaster redone inside. Electrical updated (still going). Having flooring looked at. And still need to have our pool resurfaced. New paving. New fencing. And my dream of actually opening up the kitchen somehow.

• Margaret Barkley
    2 months ago

In Melbourne. We enclosed our back patio with remote controlled zip track clear blinds and installed a remote controlled strip heater for winter and remote controlled fan for summer. We also replaced the patio roof and bought new napery for our large patio table We now have a new comfortable garden room with a lovely view of the garden and the birds. We can exercise there in winter too with our table tennis table and exercise equipment. We also had some landscaping done to level a path and build frames for new espaliered fruit trees : oranges and apples. Landscaper also built us a new level gravel terrace under a huge spreading locquat tree for summer shade and we moved our barbecue, adjoining cabinet and some wrought iron garden furniture there. We also refreshed the garden removing old plants and adding new ones and started some new veggie gardens. Next up is work on our garden irrigation system and garden edging. Then we need to organize a new pool cover. Is a garden ever ‘finished’?

• Margaret Barkley
    2 months ago

The above gave us a huge new room to work, play and exercise in during lockdown to keep us ‘out of each other’s hair’ while home working and home learning and to help keep us sane during lockdown for very little money. We ( in Melbourne) are now in a second lockdown so again appreciating the extra space and utility that we were able to achieve very quickly and easily.

• oklouise
    2 months ago

thinking of all those under lockdown and hope you're all keeping safe and well

• wuff
    2 months ago

Installed velux windows x 3, new curtains and blinds ordered, a coupe of new pieces of furniture.. however no lock down business as usual for a nurse and a truck driver, few more jobs to get done BUT no tradies available with new stimulus but that is good in itself. Ps the velux windows are brilliant..let there be light :)