webuser_834500718

Mirror wardrobe doors - dilemma

Maree
3 years ago

We are converting a bedroom into a den/extra living space but it is overwhelmed by large mirror slidjng doors.

I appreciate the arguments in support of such doors, but honestly I loathe them.

We use the storage space and I am reluctant to go to expense of replacing them altogether.

So, after endless hours on pinterest and reading previous advice here, I think we have two options.

Option A: Wallpaper the doors

Pros: We've found a very cool and funky geometric design that will add some edge to the room that we love. Not too funky though, and has white in it tie in with trim. Also safe to wipe clean.

Con: Some of the images I've seen where people have done this, it looks hit and mix. Some look great - very polished and smart, but others less so and it easy to tell that they are just covering up some ugly doors underneath.

Option 2: Wallpaper opposite wall and make a feature that draws the eye. Use window frosting to help minimise or tone down the mirror doors so they are less noticeable.

Interested in other people's experience with wallpapering or covering mirror doors, and suggestions in general that may assist.

many thanks

Comments (8)