louisenzinmelb

Help with front bathroom windows!

louisenzinmelb
3 years ago

Help and advice needed please!

We are about to submit for our building permit and I'm paranoid of making changes after (I've heard about the costs) so would appreciate thoughts on this aspect of the build.

We are adding on to the existing house and this question is about the new addition: the walk in wardrobe and ensuite, which face the street. The windows are large (900 x 2340) and I am reluctant to get them frosted as I simply hate frosted windows! I also think that as it's the front facade this will look particularly bad against the rest of the windows on that side (which are staying as sash windows).

The two original rooms will have curtains (bedrooms) and we are currently debating the cost of plantation shutters (and if they will protrude too much into the ensuite - thoughts? Or should I ask for a recessed window) vs another option. How do regular blinds hold up in bathrooms with mould etc? Realistically they will always be down in the ensuite, I can't see us doing the half up/down thing.

The house is about 9.5m away from the street front and we won't be putting screens up in front. We will likely plant a few short shrubs etc.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments (16)