killen

Driveway Refresh

killen
3 years ago

We are going to refresh our driveway. Husband would like to change the colour to grey but I am concerned that the house would then feature too much grey. Should we compliment or contrast? Looking forward to any advice or suggestions.

Comments (5)

• Kate
    3 years ago

The cream bricks and wall at first floor help the house stand out. I think if you turn the drive Grey then the cream wall looks out of place. If you turn both grey the house recesses. Personally unless you repaint house leave as is and spend money perhaps on new double glazed windows.

killen thanked Kate
  • PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    3 years ago

Is there a problem with the driveway, apart from your perception of the colour? It looks like it is very serviceable. I would give it a good pressure wash, and repaint the cream parts of the house.

The greys of today are the mission browns of tomorrow.

Best of luck with your considerations

Dr Retro of Dr Retro House Calls/Dr Retro Virtual Visits

killen thanked Dr Retro House Calls
  • JE C
    3 years ago

I think your current driveway colour works well with the house colours too. I agree with Dr Retro.

killen thanked JE C
  • killen
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks very much everyone for the advice.
    Dr Retro’s comment of “the greys of today being the mission brown of tomorrow” really resonated as our house was mission brown when we bought it!

• User
    3 years ago

Personally , I'd be keener to change the greyish blocks along the front . They look like concrete blocks at first glance , but they are rough at a second look .

Rendered and coloured an English Cream similar to your house would make everything look more clean and modern IMO , BUT then I suspect you'd want to do the gutter and railing on the left side terrace in the cream too , to lighten the look and tie it all in .