maureena66

Accent Chairs for Living Room

maureena66
15 days ago

Am looking for two accent chairs to add to this living room. Any suggestions for colour and type?

• dreamer
    15 days ago

A wonderful room, well done, your glass collection is fantastic.
    Either a chair in the same colour as lounge, with red cushions or a red chair. But either way I think it has to be a wonderfully shaped chair to match the glass ware shapes and abstract painting.

• Kate
    15 days ago

Or the blue in your painting so the predominant red glass pops

• maureena66
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Thanks for your input

• julie herbert
    14 days ago

I think tan leather would look fabulous or you could pick up a colour from your decor items.

• PRO
    Amanda Cullity Interiors
    13 days ago

Or the Soor Swivel chair by Desiree. I just put it in a Living Room recently and I think it would go beautifully in your place. This fabric is not a custom colour but in the range on offer.

• maureena66
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Thanks for feedback and interest. Where can I search these chairs

• Kim
    11 days ago

Would love to see luxurious velvet finish blue chairs like the king living boulevard chair. I chose blue because it is the complimentary colour to orange which you have quite a bit of in the room.
    I would also consider putting a grasscloth wallpaper in the alcove where the tv is. You would need to find something that really makes the paintings sing. Beautiful space.

• Kim
    11 days ago

For the tv wall, in this example, a grasscloth wallpaper colour is echoing the artwork.

• maureena66
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Thanks so much for your ideas

• Littlethommo
    7 days ago

Your room is so light and bright, you have a wonderful balance of colour and neutral already! But you have a lot of light colours that make the room look as though its 'floating' and you have an impressive art and objet d'art collection with red and bold colours - so I actually think a couple of small accent chairs in a dark cognac leather or vinyl would work well and anchor the scheme, especially if the chairs were an open-arm timber design (like below image) so the timber matches with your existing TV cabinetry and coffee table and the open arm design does not look so heavy.

Also you have nice high ceilings so I wouldnt go for a chair that was high in the back, this would throw the symmetry of the room - keep the accent chairs about the same back height as the sofa

• maureena66
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Thank you any suggestion where I can search these chairs

• Littlethommo
    7 days ago

For an oak colour frame chair I'd try a Scandinavian style retailer like Icon By Design. But it's also worth while getting a quote from a local upholsterer in your area as #1 they often make the timber frames in-house so you can nominate your design and #2 your choice of upholstery vinyl/leather will be better. There are some awesome leather look vinyls available that cost less (eg Wortley Group vinyl 'Marlo' vinyl)

• maureena66
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Little Thommo many thanks what you have described was in my head ! Really appreciate it. Cheers any other problems you may be my go to!!

• Littlethommo
    7 days ago

No problem Maureen, best of luck!