webuser_430898938

Ikea Savedal Review

G D
3 years ago

Hi

We're looking to install an ikea kitchen and were originally going to go with the Metod Bodbyn, but the off white colour is a bit of a concern for me as I am hoping to go for a light cesar stone and white tiles. So with this in mind, I'm now considering the Savedal range, which is slightly cheaper in price, and so inevitably, probably in quality but has a crisp white finish. Does anyone have a Savedal kitchen installed, does it look good, is it any good? If only Ikea were to offer the Bodbyn doors in white - hopefully they'll do so in a few years time and I can eventually swap the doors....Thanks in advance for any advice gratefully received.

Gwen

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    3 years ago

Just be careful with your all-white kitchen as many whites have an undertone which is exaggerated when adjacent to a pure white. So what can look like white in a showroom, ends up looking yellow/cream or blue/grey in your finished kitchen.

The best way to see how Ikea cabinet colours work in your home with your benchtop and tiles etc is to buy the smallest drawer front of the door style that you are considering, take it home and compare. Never decide on the colour from digital images or from the artificial light in an Ikea kitchen display.

As an example look how much variation is in these digital images of Savedal "white" with different lighting conditions:

Best of luck,

Dr Retro of Dr Retro House Calls/Dr Retro Virtual Visit.