scenicbluedesign

How can a well thought landscape design improve life and wellbeing

How can a well thought landscape design improve life and wellbeing

We, at Scenic Blue Design have been designing gardens for many years now and recently the team over a coffee break were chatting about the many different designs that we have created and what is it that drives us and why along with some possible pit falls.

So much so I jotted down a few elements that popped up and so wanted to share these for you to consider when thinking about why you should re-design your work or private garden outdoor room.

o A well thought through landscape area will increase your employees productivity

Sure, we through university studied this theory but when actually implementing well it is found that the gardens that have been embraced for the enjoyment of employees has quietly given a stronger work ethic towards the physical undertakings of the work force.

To be able to pop out into a natural setting say for lunch or a ‘I need to take 5 minutes out’ not only improves productivity but has a knock on effect to the users mental wellbeing. This in turn provides less employee absenteeism along with a higher retention of staff.

o Landscape to improve business

Recently we have been involved in the creation of garden rooms for a collection of business types ranging from Palliative Care to Nursing Homes. Such a setting immediately puts the patients using the gardens at rest. The essential benefits to physical and mental health is unsurpassable, let alone for the Doctors and Nurses to share whilst looking after their patients.

o Landscaping helps people recover faster

Many years ago, I visited a hospital in Bangkok, Thailand called the Bangkok Nursing Home. The element of the hospital that quickly caught my attention was the way the gardens embraced the very open and airy hospital rooms. Such a balance between the very important aspects of the medical world and that of nature will promote a positively strong recovery rate for patients suffering illness or recent operations. Many hospitals now have these areas specifically with patients recovery in mind and it has been proven that a speedier recovery is more likely when a patient is exposed to a beautiful garden.

Comment (1)