emma_stewart40

Render colours - light or dark???

Emma Stewart
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We have just had the render base coat completed on our house and our builder needs to know what colour we want it. The trouble is we have tied ourselves in knots trying to come to a decision.

Our original thought was a classic palette of Dulux natural white render, Monument roof (resprayed from whatever blah colour it is now), our faded Ironstone windows and a black or coloured front door.

Husband has today decided that he's not sure about a white exterior and quite likes dark grey instead! This is based upon the fresh coat of base render, which did look an amazing shade of grey. I love dark grey with white trims, but it would mean having to add exterior architrave around our windows to make them stand out (or repaint them white which is costly). I do wonder if this would this look ridiculous in an Australian setting though? I am thinking along the lines of Dulux TeaHouse or Ticking for the render and would probably paint the guttering Dulux Tranquil retreat with white fascia, a resprayed roof (colour ideas please!) and a coloured door in a honey or teal colour.

I have included a photo of the house in its current state with the base coat of render. I would be grateful for any advice!

Comments (7)