kylieroberts3

Viberbum or Lilly pilly hedge?

Kylie
3 years ago

Trying to work out whether to remove the existing couple of Lilly Pilly and then plant Viburnum Odoratissimum across back boundary, next to the pool. Would also remove the Birds of Paradise as they'll get out of control. I'd like the fastest growing of the 2. Thoughts anyone?

Comments (6)

• Caroline
    3 years ago

I would remove bird of paradise as they can get very messy around a pool. Both of your suggestions are great, just consider if any flowers will impact your looking after the pool.

Kylie thanked Caroline
  • Kylie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you Julie and Caroline. Both helpful comments. Getting out the BOP will be a pain but necessary I think. I hadn't heard of this new viburnum. I'll look into these ones.

• perthnewb2
    3 years ago

Hi Kylie, look at OzBreed varieties 'Quick Fence' and 'Dense Fence'. They're stocked by a few different places, the OzBreed site will advise where they're stocked too. Best of luck! I'm also considering the same varieties at the moment

• perthnewb2
    3 years ago

Forgot to add, they're Viburnum varieties too. Emerald lustre is stocked at most nurseries it seems too, including Bunnings

Kylie thanked perthnewb2
  • Kylie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you. I'll check out OzBreeds.