anna_tolich

How to upscale paint formula

Anna Tolich
last month

Hi all. I am hoping a Dulux colour consultant or paint specialist can help me. Dulux Australia gave me the formula for a grey paint I love to get made up here in NZ, where it is not usually available. My dilemma is the formula is for a 500ml test pot. How do I upscale this to 10 liters to give to my painter so he can order the paint for our exterior paint project? I need to give him the formula and not the name of the colour as the NZ version is different from the Aussie version I want. Thanks in advance.

• Marylee H
    last month

Do you know the name or the code of the colour? (not the formula)

It may look something like this, 64YY 74/022

• atolich
    last month

Yes. It is 500ml Vivid White Base. EE 4n, LL 1n, M 9n.

• atolich
    last month

Actually that is the formula. The name is Dulux Australia Colorbond 'Shale Grey'. Which annoyingly is not the same as Dulux NZ Colorbond Shale Grey and they do not do the Aus version in NZ.

• Marylee H
    last month

• Marylee H
    last month

Have a look at Dulux 50GY 45/037 or Colortrend AP5-6 Folkstone, as a possible alternatives. Just note that low Chroma, near neutral colours from the Green-Yellow Hue Family can shift blue in imbalanced light. Less likely when used outside.

• atolich
    last month

Will do! Thanks,