jupt47

Facade reno/rebuild - please help with colour and style!

jupt47
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

The front deck/verandah that runs the length of the front of our early 90s house is rotting and requires almost complete replacement. We have already started the demolition so unfortunately I only have a few photos for reference. The deck was extended around the back of the house 15 years ago, and is still in good condition, so we are not wanting to change the design hugely as we don't want to replace the back section.

We are thinking to change the balustrade to straight cut top and bottom, with longer balusters that go from the top of the top rail to at least the bottom of the bottom rail (or perhaps slightly longer if that won't look funny?!)

Colour scheme I am looking at is woodland grey - I have trialed colorbond woodland grey and monument and WG tones nicely with the bricks. This would include window frames and gutter/fascia. Thinking maybe to do the base boards in monument though to 'ground' it as it is a darker tone? Or potentially do the base boards and house trim in woodland grey, then the balustrade in WG frame with stained timber balusters? Last couple of pics are my inspo. Not sure whether to incorporate beige/cream somewhere still, as the garage door will stay the same at this stage. Will paint the garage (shed) though.

Would really appreciate any feedback on these ideas! Just to add, I am not a fan of the wire/cable look, plus I like the better privacy afforded by using timber balusters.

Should also add that the budget is very tight! Thanks!

Maybe paint the whole thing the same colour like this pic??

Comments (10)