littleblee

floor plan layout for new build - feedback needed

blee
3 years ago

We have been working on a floor plan layout for our new house which is to be built on a large acreage block in south east QLD. We are pretty happy with what we have come up with so far, after numerous attempts, but would appreciate some constructive feedback/comments/advice from others just in case we have overlooked something.

I am a little concerned about how long the main bathroom is and am wondering if it is possible to use feature tiles in some way to shorten the look (e.g. feature tile on floor to continue running up the wall behind the bath to the ceiling).

I am also considering using engineered timber flooring in Entry / Kitchen / Dining / Living / Hallway but am not sure if I should continue the engineered timber flooring into the WC/Linen and the Laundry; OR, would it be better to tile these (wet) areas instead?

Please comment on the Wet Room design in the main bathroom. I really like this layout but am wondering what others think about it.

Please also comment on the Kitchen/Butler's Pantry layout/design. This has taken me the most amount of time to get right but am happy to hear what others have to say.

So please fire away fellow Houzzers :)

Comments (17)