itoeleiu

Should I extend my kitchen or use my existing footprint? Advice wanted

Italia
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all, I am reposting again as finally got round to including my floor plans. I'm in 2 minds whether I should reconfigure kitchen within footprint by, taking away kitchen breakfast bar, extending bench to the back door (which will be closed off), having a new server window on the kitchen wall out to the deck. The oven and sink will be swapped over. I want to install french doors from the dining room. I had thought of going through to use the laundry as part of the kitchen but have decided to keep the laundry as is . However, now I am investigating if I can extend the kitchen area out towards the backyard (as far as where the deck shows - which isn't a whole lot. I have included the plan of how my home is positioned on the land and fence lines so it's not square. Of course I still need to find out how much this would cost me. But at the moment, I don't really want to go over $100k and that includes new kitchen, installation of new windows, french doors, new bathroom, and new flooring and carpet for the house. I know, it doesn't sound like a lot of budget. That also has to cover off my new floor plans I would need done up and building consenting. Keen to see what other readers think...

Comments (2)