traceymeadows

Which exterior cladding and colours should I choose?

traceymeadows
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

we are undertaking a substantial renovation which will change the roofline from a flat roof to a skillion roof. we need to decide on both colours and cladding and are getting into a confused state about it all.

while we both like a dark roof we have decided something like shale gray will be the best option given the climate etc...we are in the hills district in Sydney so it gets quite hot. The raked ceiling inside will be 4.2 metres so any help cooling is prob good.

we were originally thinking monument matt seamed cladding for the rear of the house as this will be the modern half with large bifold windows etc.....

the front is where we get into problems...we want to incorporate the dark colour but dont want to be offensive from the road. all the surrounding houses are blonde/brown brick.

we had thought the western half of the house to be axon cladding (in monument) for the garage front, above the lounge/porch area and then for costing we were going to bag over the existing brick on the eastern front - but what to do above the cladding above the existing windows?? and what colour? we had thought about a light grey colour...

i really like the idea of timber cladding over the eastern part...but it comes down to cost......

the western wall would need to be a light colour as it does get full full sun in the afternoon......

then there is the question on roof/gutter/fascia...and windows......

we thought the dark cladding with silver windows and lighter roof would be nice....my kitchen is going to be white and have a bifold window in it at the back so i didnt think a black window would find its place in there....

please help....very confused....

happy for any advice or suggestions.....

the details on the plans below in regards to the cladding are not final as we are still trying to figure out what we want....

Comments (14)