anna9145

Laundry - shaker VS Laminate

Anna
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all,I'm trying to find out the difference ( price wise) for a shaker style - 2pac kitchen VS Laminate.I'm having a hard time getting a quote and would really like to know if there is big jump in price between the two. My cabinet maker is charging $6400+ gst for a 2Pac laundry, which includes the laundry hamper and soft close doors etc. He's also told me there's not much of a price difference with a melamine ( laminate ) laundry and that it could cost me more.Thanks!

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Bronika Carter Design
    3 years ago

Hi Anna, usually flat laminate doors are cheaper than a shaker 2 pac door because 2 pac means it's been sprayed with 2 coats of paint/lacquer but maybe your cabinet maker has the shaker doors in stock in certain colours and that's why it's cheaper and he might need to do a special order for the laminate plain doors for you. You would need to ask those questions to your cabinet maker to find out more information about prices and lead times for both options. I'd recommend you ask for a quote for both options if you haven't already.