webuser_270895509

Detached home office/ studio design

Phoebe Bradden
3 years ago

We are looking at building a home office in the backyard as an exempt development (in NSW). We can fit a 4.5 x 3m room, but I can't find exactly what I'm after in the prefab-type options. Is there anywhere I can download or buy a plan for a building like this so I can get a quote from a builder? We are looking at a simple skillion roof design with double doors + window on front (east) and window on one side (north). Wanting good sound insulation so it can be quiet inside (and used for music practice). It has to be on piers as we can't lay a concrete slab. Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

• siriuskey
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

This could be perfect for you

https://www.tinyblox.com.au

• Phoebe Bradden
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks @siriuskey, the dimensions they offer are not quite what we're after (unfortunately we can't really make it longer than 4.5m but we would like to maximise the space we can achieve so 4.5 x 3m is what we're hoping to build).

• siriuskey
    3 years ago

Worth a call

• Phoebe Bradden
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks @MB Design & Drafting, very sensible advice. We've checked the development guidelines, discussed with neighbours who are fine with it (and it's 900mm from fence) and checked against the survey so it is nowhere near the easement or any utilities.

• Kate
    3 years ago

Talk to builders. They often work with a draftsperon and engineer to do their drawings

Phoebe Bradden thanked Kate
  • Phoebe Bradden
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Kate, I was hoping there would be basic plans available online that someone might be able to point me in the direction of. As it's just a simple box with skillion roof, we would like to contain the costs as much as possible.

• Phoebe Bradden thanked Angela M