webuser_220769617

What ways to convert a disused external laundry to rent earning income

HU-220769617
3 years ago

I recently completed renovation of a top floor strata apartment I own, and am looking to rent out this 2 bed 1 bath 1 lockup garage investment property to tenants. The issue that remains is the external lockup secure laundry outside the apartment will become disused as a new internal laundry was built in the kitchen (hidden inside a cupboard). I am interested in hearing ideas on what to convert the external laundry into to increase the rental income of this property. The size of the outside secure laundry is approximately 4.0 metres in length and 3 metres in width with a 4-5 metre height.

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
    3 years ago

Workshop, hire it out separately as a storage unit. convert it into an outdoor entertainment area or home office.

• User
    3 years ago

You'd need to know access , location , security measures , even things like power ( seperate meter , no electricity , etc . Possibly rent as storage for someone , but you'd need to look at the costs , risks and rewards -- my gut feeling is it has a chance of backfiring , so I'd tend to avoid it , maybe just include a 'storage area' as part of the unit rental -- renters will then take responsibility for most of the issues involved .

• oklouise
    3 years ago

storage unit sounds ideal but consider a loft to take advantage of the height and depending on access maybe could be divided into separate areas with steel mesh for walls and shelves

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    3 years ago

With more people working from home I would be looking at making it a home-office. One of the challenges of working from home is to keep office and home functions separate and distinct. A two bedroom apartment, with a separate home office, providing it has adequate security, power, insulation and natural light, would be very appealing. If it doesn't have an external window consider a Velux skylight, or changing the door to a glazed door, subject to your body corporate's permission.

Roof Windows · More Info

Best of luck with your considerations (and body corporate)

Dr Retro of Dr Retro House Calls and Dr Retro Virtual Visits