jimb_omm

Floor plan question - back deck

Jimb Omm
3 years ago

Hello all,

We’re just in the process of getting our deck rebuilt and now I’m second guessing myself because of our floor plan. We currently have to walk through the laundry to the back door to then get out onto the back deck.

In about 3-4 years, we were planning to combine our laundry and bathroom into larger room as the latter is currently quite small. I really want a bigger shower and double vanity and just a room that feels more spacious and comfortable. As part of this, I was intending to close off both internal entries to these rooms and make a new entrance from the hallway directly opposite to the main bedroom. That way it’d be as close as possible to an ensuite without being an ensuite and just having one entrance would allow us to maximise the space (the room would be approx 3x3.5m).

But of course, if we did this then getting to the back deck would be very strange as we’d have to walk from the kitchen into the hallway and then through the bathroom out to the back. I guess we could retain the current door that connects the kitchen to the laundry but I’m not sure if that’s much better?

Comments (10)