webuser_68428845

help!!! tap on wall or integrated with the basin

Nirpal Singh
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

We are looking to build and I am torn between having the taps in the bathroom vanities on the wall or come together out of the basin.

Now it surely looks more modern and better coming out of the wall but the issues are

• when you have an issue or want to change the taps it’s very expensive as you have to repair the wall and splashback.
  • we live on a main road so will the taps configuration have a say in the selling price
    -practicality wise you always going to wet the back of the basin when you go to turn off the tap from the wall if the basin doesn’t sit flush with the back wall.

Your help and advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Nirpal

Comments (7)

• siriuskey
    3 years ago

Changing taps on wall mounted taps is quite straight forward, my husband just did that in our new laundry. If however you are repositioning them that's a whole other thing. good luck with your new build

Nirpal Singh thanked siriuskey
  • bigreader
    3 years ago

I don’t think it will factor into resale so have what you prefer.

Nirpal Singh thanked bigreader
  • Nirpal Singh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Would love to hear more

• Mandoozle
    3 years ago

We just had to replace our laundry wall mounted tap as it was leaking. No problems. Easy enough to fix.

Nirpal Singh thanked Mandoozle
  • Kate
    3 years ago

There are all ways pros and cons. My husband doesn’t like wall taps as they can leek into wall, but hey all showers have wall taps. Yes you drip water behind sink with a wall tap as happens with an undermount sink. But the base of tap doesn’t get grimy like a sink mounted tap. With a wall tap you may need a long spout to get over sink, as you do with an undermount sink if you have a bench mounted tap behind the sink. So many choices. Buy what you love.

Nirpal Singh thanked Kate
  • brizcs
    3 years ago

I found the actual tiled wall behind our wall mounted laundry taps was often dirtier than when we had basin/ trough mounted ones. It was our hand washup zone after gardening etc. Not a major drama, but that and the constant little puddle of dirty wet left between the trough and the wall was a bit grotty. But I think you may be tidier folk, and the wall mounted taps certainly looked great from a distance!