dragonstooth2012

Window coverings for sliding glass doors

Linda Curry
3 years ago

When we put our house on the market I removed the curtains in the family room to wash them and loved the look of the room without them so much I didn’t put them back (plus they disintegrated).

There are no issues with privacy or sun in summer. However I know the room will get very cold in winter so want a window covering that helps with insulation.

I am thinking roller blinds but not sure what colour. If I go for white it might spoil the clean lines of the windows. They are old brown aluminium with stained timber frames but I’m not replacing them (too expensive). The blinds will be up all day and only down at night in the winter.

I forgot to mention we took our house off the market and plan to stay here for at least another five years.

I’m not sure whether the blinds should be inside the frames or above. If they are above they will be less noticeable when up but I imagine they will insulate better if inside the frame.

I am putting up two photos. One is of the smaller sliding door (professional photo for the sale campaign and the other is of the doors leading to the courtyard.

I don’t want curtains or plantation shutters. I also decided against any sideways moving window covering as I want the doors exposed the way they are now.

Basically it boils down to colour and on top of door or inside?

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Comments (10)