hzdeleted_9904601

A Radical New Redesign Of How We Build Houses

User
3 years ago

I have just been reading everyones comments about kitchens , butlers kitchens , laundries , bedrooms , bedroom floors , Walk In Robes and the like .

I have been thinking , and I think we need to look forward , and really think about how we design our houses and our lives . This is my solution --

-- Bedrooms and dining rooms should have 'pits' built into the floor -- a bedroom 'pit' will be the size of a bed , the dining room will have one the size of your dining table , and either benches or individual stool sizings . Laundries will be sunk around 1 metre into the floor .

-- Somewhere in your house will be a switch , or maybe it will be controlled by an app . You hit 'cleanup' mode , a hyraulic pump whirs , and your bed and table ( lounge suite and coffee table will be extra-price options ) drop to floor level .

-- You get your broom , and sweep everything on the floor to your laundry . Clothes on the floor -- yes . Rugs -- tick . Sheets and duvets -- yeah . Table cloth -- yep . Last nights dishes -- certainly . Seep them all into the laundry , where there may be a small shute -- into the washer . Another app will turn it on .

-- Fire up the app again , and the beds and tables ( swept clean , no lint , no crumbs ) all rise to the correct height .

With a bit of practice , 10 minutes every couple of days should be all you need for a super clean house , including clothes and ( plastic ) dishes .

Now , any ideas for self-washing pots and roasting dishes , or should we just stick to the microwave ?

Comment