beaumitchell

bifold bs stacker doors

beaumitchell
3 years ago

Shall we invest in frameless stacker doors single glaze or double glaze bifold doors for East facing home office/pool villa?

Comments (13)

• Kate
    3 years ago

I love my sliding doors. Triple stacked. One panel fixed and two slide. Don’t take up space on the deck which bifolds do. I’m happy with opening width.

• PRO
    Houldsworth Design
    3 years ago

Hi Beau, I think its really a matter of budget. If there is a constant pool party while one person is working then it is a good idea.

• beaumitchell
    Original Author
    3 years ago

If there wasn't a constant pool.party, what would you do? fixed windows?

• beaumitchell
    Original Author
    3 years ago

is it worth shelling out for double glazing or single glazing ok?

• beaumitchell
    Original Author
    3 years ago

to shield the morning eastern sun , what kind of window covering would you use? curtains, blinds etc

• siriuskey
    3 years ago

Why would you want to shield the lovely eastern morning sun, as Kate said Bi folds can be a pain if they have no where to stack back to, ie: corner, they will forever be in the way and bi folds can obscure a view, as they have double frame width when closed where as the triple stacker as I have only has single frame to look at when closed. But the track is deeper, A pool house would be better with blinds

• PRO
    Houldsworth Design
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hi Beau , this is my personal preference only. I would have stacker doors and sheer linen curtains. The glass doesn’t need to be double glazed if noise it not a problem, if it is go with double glazed but it won’t block noise completely, it wilI reduce it. I like the diffused light the sheers offer and I like the idea of fully controlling how much light and air I have. Double glazing is a something to consider if there will be pool noise or traffic noise and this is a serious home office. Good luck.

• dreamer
    3 years ago

Double glazing will only keep the room cold or hot, if you have the air conditioning on, and the doors completely closed. So it doesn't matter what type of doors you have.
    You have no west facing windows so why bother with double glazing?
    My preference would be single glazed, stacker doors, sheer curtains. The east morning sun would be wonderful to work in with a sheer curtain to give the diffused light as mentioned by houldsworth design.

• siriuskey
    3 years ago

I have an East facing bedroom and window coverings are removed once the sun comes up and stays that way all day, beautiful aspect

• beaumitchell
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you Houzzers 👍👍👍👍

• Louise
    3 years ago

Do you want to screen? If so, stackers are much easier to screen :)

• Hedda
    3 years ago

Yep, I agree with Louise. We just went the triple stacker and it’s great. We have a blind, only used when the rosellas and lorikeets are in the garden, they think the doorway is open sky & fly in at speed or break their neck on the door - blind down means safe birds:)

• fianou luca
    3 years ago

I would still want double glazed! Not to keep the sun out, but the cold out at night when the temperature drops. During the day, when you want some warm in you can always open the door, or if its real cold you would have heating anyway.