lockmac

Highlight window in bathroom ideas

lockmac
3 years ago

We are doing a renovation of our ensuite and the size is going to be 3.3m long x 2.2 wide.

The long wall is the exterior wall and I plan to place a 3m long highlight window just below the lintel (so about 20cm below the ceiling plaster).

A few questions/advice:

We have the ability to have a single 3m wide pane of glass, instead of breaking it up into multiple panes. I think this might look nice but I haven't really seen this done - I always see these highlight windows broken up into 3 separate windows (sometimes separate windows, sometimes just 1 window with mullions between the 3 panes). What are the thoughts around this? I think it will look more streamlined and it would just be showing sky, but I am yet to find a picture or see it done.

I am tossing up what height to make the window. I am thinking around 330 - 350 mm might be about right, but it's always hard to visualize. I don't want the window to look too thin and I've seen pictures of what I want, but it's always hard to estimate the height from pictures.

To scale, the below is the window I am talking about.

Comments (10)