webuser_510495232

Need help with sorting out a tap please

Kirsty Brown
3 years ago

I live in a 2-storey house. I have a garden under the deck with an outside tap on the wall. I also have pots on the upstairs deck and I'm getting tired of filling up 10+ bottles of water and traipsing back and forth watering those pots.

The alternative is go down, turn on tap, come up to find water pressure not sufficient, go back down, turn water up a bit, come back up, get soaked because now the pressure is such, that the hose is flicking all over the show. Go back down, turn down the teeniest bit, and now there's a dribble... You see my point....

I've had a splitter on the tap with a stop valve on the hose, but it only seems to last a short time before something blows off one end or the other. That water pressure must be as dodgy as all hell!! Blimmin' temperamental thing....

There must be an easier way!

I'd like to be able to extend the metal pipe part of the tap to the top floor, so I can have a tap downstairs and another tap up the top. My brain's fried (too hot...LOL) and I can't figure out a way of doing it cheaply. Yes, I can call a plumber, but last quote was well over $200, so no thanks.

Any ideas?

Comment