swooped_australia

POLL! Curtains vs Blinds vs Plantation Shutters

Which is your selection for your next home/renovation?

Also tell us if whether your choice is to stay with what you currently have or if you're going for a change!

Curtains
Blinds
Plantation Shutters

Comments (6)

• bargainhunter
    3 years ago

Same here

• PRO
    Refresh Renovations Sydney - Michael Harich
    3 years ago

plantation shutters are amazing, i wonder why they get such a bad rap sometimes

• PRO
    TK Window Furnishings
    3 years ago

It all depends on what look you are going for.
    myself I love the look of plantation shutters but love the darkness of curtains.

I think roller blinds let in too much light so if I were to choose a type of blind it would be a honeycomb blind as it only let's in 3mm of light either side of the blind

• PRO
    Australia Commercial Window Furnishings
    3 years ago

It all depends on the style and the purpose of the window furnishings you’ve required. For example theatre room where total blockout needed it can get away with block out curtains. Living areas can be done with duo roller blinds or sheer curtain and blockout behind it. Main aim that needs to concentrated on is what purpose you would require from these products. Here is few examples.

• PRO
    Stay Clear Window Cleaning
    3 years ago

I'm a big fan of plantation shutter. They look beautiful and are pretty simple to clean.

The only thing to be aware of is if you have internal fly screens fitted and then have plantation shutter fitted, you may not be able to remove the fly screen from the window because of the plantation frame. This means the inside of that window can no longer be properly cleaned. Please bear this in mind.

Stay Clear Window Cleaning