dan_scott49

Corner concertina door

Dan Scott
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Looking for experience/advice, and especially photos, from someone that has done an internal concertina door before. I'm finalising my house plans currently, and one of the features I want to tie in, is a study/library that is openable to adjacent living/lounge area. The concept behind it is that it'll be open most of the time, increasing the living area and making a seldom-used room more dynamic (however still with ability to close off for a home office if reqd).

I can easily do a straight concertina door, however would like to step it up a level and take it around the corner, to increase 'open-ness'. Not sure if it'll be framed glass, or solid - not that it matters too much at this point.

Any photos appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Mine needs to stack all on one side. Other feature at play is a doubled-sided fireplace between study/library and living area, with concertina doors either side. This is to create a bit of division between the areas and a nice feature, without enclosing it. The concertina doors can't stack up against the fireplace when they're open, it'll spoil the look.

Comment (1)