adam_lena

retro/vintage bathroom update

Lena F
3 years ago

what sort of floor tile would compliment this?
I was planning a complete overhaul but getting cold feet and wondering if there is any way to compliment this colour scheme 🤔

Comments (10)

• dreamer
    3 years ago

Your bathroom colours are wonderful.
    Maybe a terrazzo tile with colour, would be worth considering.

• Kate
    3 years ago

Can you show more of the bathroom?

• Lena F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

not everyone would agree about the colours @dreamer 🤣
    I did see that pink terrazzo but worried it may be too dark as the lighting in the room isn't fantastic.

• fianou luca
    3 years ago

the colours are awesome! i'm assuming your house is of that era too. that look is really trendy. pink terrazzo is so in! there are softer terrazos that have pinkish flecks but not so dark. or even creams. i have an art deco house, but the original bathroom was ripped out. i actually wept when i found tiny terrazo mosaic pieces under the house. its a small room, so i think a pop of colour works.

• fianou luca
    3 years ago

okay so i have a bunch of art deco bathroom inspiration pics so i thought i'd share some... Terrazzo!

• fianou luca
    3 years ago

some other ideas, including all white to lighten it up. if you choose a deco inspired pattern in white it could look good? ie. fishscale, zig zags, chevrons

• fianou luca
    3 years ago

I'd suggest this wallpaper and this tile with gold taps etc...

• fianou luca
    3 years ago

but you could also embrace the dark moody vibe and add a fun twist... check out divine savages wallpaper they have great stuff. https://divinesavages.com/blogs/insights/how-to-use-wallpaper-in-a-bathroom they have a great charcoal wallpaper range with gold patterning called gershwing

• Lena F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

some really great ideas @fianou luca
    i would love to do something 'extra special' but not very confident and I also I'll end up regretting anything too bold.
    the white terrazo is looking promising!

• fianou luca
    3 years ago

I think that would look good too... add the 'flair' and bold with impermanent things... but you know that pink and turquoise is kinda already in miami /flamingo territory! Add like a great mirror, or even a framed bold deco print on the wall. that company sells art prints of all their wallpaper lines as well. maybe a potted palm too? Or even a more bold shower curtain?